Protect Yourself from Pathogenic Transmission
- Patients with an infectious disease may not report it
- There is typically an incubation period when patients do not show signs of disease, so they may not know they are infectious
- You cannot tell by looking at patients if they have a disease
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. Available at: osha.gov/pls/ oshaweb/owadisp.show_ document ?p_id=10051 &p_table= STANDARDS. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Kohn WG, Collins AS, Cleveland JL, et al. Guidelines for infection control in dental health-care settings—2003. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2003;52(RR-17):1–61.
Please login or Register to submit your answer