Pain Control Protocol
- Individual autonomy and respect for human beings: Patients have the right to informed consent and full disclosure of all relevant information, so they can make informed choices about their care.
- Nonmaleficence: Dental hygienists have an obligation to provide services in a manner that protects patients and minimizes harm.
- Societal trust: Dental hygienists value patient trust and know that public trust in the profession is based on clinicians' actions and behavior.
- Bassett K, DiMarco A, Naughton D. Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals. 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education Inc; 2015.
- Malamed SF. Handbook of Local Anesthesia. 6th ed. St Louis: Elsevier; 2013.
- American Dental Hygienists' Association. Code of Ethics. Available at: adha.org/resources-docs/7611_Bylaws_and_Code_of_Ethics.pdf. Accessed December 9, 2014.
Please login or Register to submit your answer