Cultivating Cultural Competency in the Dental Setting
With an increasingly diverse population, oral health professionals need to be able to communicate effectively with all types of patients
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the growth in diversity in the United States.
- Explain the importance of cultural competency.
- Identify strategies for effective patient-provider communication.
- List oral health problems experienced by marginalized populations.
- Discuss the role of health literacy in oral health outcomes.
This course was published in the January 2018 issue and expires January 2021. The author has no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.