Enamel Health™ by Colgate®
Toothpaste protects and strengthens enamel.
Colgate launched Colgate Enamel Health—a toothpaste that is specially formulated to strengthen and protect enamel.
How It Works
Colgate Enamel Health toothpaste contains a unique, active fluoride formula that works two ways:
- It replenishes natural calcium and phosphate back into weakened enamel to fill in rough spots.
- It gently polishes the tooth surface so it’s smoother, making bacteria less likely to stick.
Breakdown of Enamel
Enamel breaks down and loses its strength due to lifestyle choices, and may be influenced by excessive consumption of coffee, tea, soda, juice, energy drinks, and red wine. Xerostomia, acid reflux disease, medication use, diet, and genetics also play a role in the breakdown of healthy enamel. When left untreated, this erosion can cause serious oral health problems.
- In review, here are a few key benefits of Colgate Enamel Health:
- Protects enamel
- Contains a unique active fluoride formula
- Gently polishes to make enamel smoother
- Strengthens weak enamel
- Encourages good oral health
- Makes bacteria less likely to stick
Colgate has created four videos to show Colgate Enamel Health’s mode of action. Visit colgateprofessional.com/EnamelHealth to see the science in action and to request free samples of the toothpaste. It is also available for sale through Henry Schein in trial (0.85 oz) and full (4 oz) sizes.
From Dimensions of Dental Hygiene. November 2014;12(11):76.