Quit The Dip
This discussion of trends in smokeless tobacco use and strategies for cessation are designed to help oral health professionals adequately address this public health epidemic.
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify common types of smokeless tobacco products.
- Discuss the perceived benefits and misconceptions associated with smokeless tobacco products.
- List the oral and systemic effects of smokeless tobacco use.
- Explain the overall trends of tobacco use in the United States.
- Describe the recommended methods of tobacco cessation.
This course was published in the February 2019 issue and expires February 2022. The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.