Caring For Patients With Spina Bifida
This complex neural tube defect causes a variety of impairments that can impact the delivery of dental treatment.
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence, incidence, and ramifications of spina bifida.
- Define the risks and protective factors associated with the development of this neural tube defect.
- Differentiate characteristics between various types of spina bifida.
- List common impairments and complications associated with spina bifida.
- Identify oral health care considerations for patients with spina bifida.
This course was published in the January 2017 issue and expires January 2020. The author has no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.