A Comprehensive Approach to Dental Caries Management
Risk assessment, therapeutic and restorative therapies, establishment of a dental home, and interprofessional care are key to mitigating the negative effects of tooth decay.
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define early childhood caries and its etiology.
- Discuss the role of risk assessment in caries prevention and management.
- Identify the importance of establishing a dental home in promoting oral health.
- Explain appropriate therapeutic and restorative approaches for caries management.
- Outline the role of medical providers in identifying caries risk in pediatric patients.
This course was published in the April 2017 issue and expires April 2020. The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.