American Academy of Periodontology to Hold its 101st Annual Meeting in Orlando Registration Now Open to all Dental Professionals and Media
American Academy of Periodontology to Hold its 101st Annual Meeting in Orlando Registration Now Open to all Dental Professionals and Media CHICAGO – July 2, 2015 – The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is set to hold its 101st Annual
American Academy of Periodontology to Hold its 101st Annual Meeting in Orlando
Registration Now Open to all Dental Professionals and Media
CHICAGO – July 2, 2015 – The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is set to hold its 101st Annual Meeting from November 14-17, 2015, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Offering over 25 hours of continuing education credits, the 101st Annual Meeting provides more than 40 different courses relevant to periodontal care, including treatment technique advances, emerging technologies, scientific advancements, practice development and management, clinical applications, and more.
“With thousands of periodontists, hygienists, dental students, and researchers in one place, the annual AAP meeting provides an opportunity to learn, share, and network with professionals from around the world,” remarked Dr. Joan Otomo-Corgel, president of the AAP. “Attendees can tailor their schedules with course selections that are right for them. Sessions range from single topics in periodontics to multidisciplinary symposia that explore diverse clinical solutions—and everything in between! We strongly encourage all dental professionals who are interested in learning about the latest advances in periodontics and understanding how partnering with periodontal colleagues can benefit patient care to register now.”
Attendees of the AAP’s 101st Annual Meeting can choose from a diverse selection of programming organized into eight program tracks that focus on various aspects of periodontics, including:
- Imaging and Emerging Technologies
- Interdisciplinary Therapy
- Periodontic-Systemic Relationships
- Periodontal Plastic/Oral Reconstructive Surgery
- Practice Development and Management
- Regenerative/Tissue Engineering
- Treatment of Inflammatory Periodontal Diseases
Each track provides a number of in-depth educational sessions, exceptional hands-on workshops, and clinical technique showcases presented by leading industry experts and thought leaders. In addition, the Corporate Forums will feature presentations from leading periodontal vendors, and the Exhibit Hall will feature over 150 companies showcasing the latest industry products and services.
Some highlights of the 2015 AAP Annual Meeting include the following:
- Opening General Session: A compelling educational experience entitled, “Facial Reconstruction and Facial Transplantation: Achieving Success Though a Team Effort”, presented by renowned facial transplant experts Dr. Lawrence Brecht and Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez
- AAP/AAP Foundation and Osteology Foundation Symposium: A jointly developed program from the AAP, AAP Foundation, and Osteology Foundation entitled, “Current Technologies for Hard and Soft Tissue Oral Regeneration”
- Dental Hygiene Symposium: Geared exclusively toward dental hygienists, this special series of lectures recognizes the valuable role of hygienists in oral healthcare by providing sessions on the most current topics in periodontics, including perio-systemic health inter-relationships, periodontal regeneration, peri-implant disease, and soft tissue augmentation
To register for the 2015 Annual Meeting or for more information, please visit www.perio.org/meetings,
call 1-800-282-4867 ext. 3213, or email [email protected].
Note to Media:
Registration fees for media representatives attending the AAP’s 101st Annual Meeting will be waived, granting access to all non-ticketed sessions and seminars. Presenters and AAP representatives may be available for on-site interviews, film, and photo shoots, which must be scheduled in advance with AAP Public Relations staff. For press credentials, contact the Academy’s Public Relations Department at [email protected].
# # #