AGD Subject Code: 149
After reading this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the prevalence of coronary artery disease in the United States.
- Note the etiology and pathophysiology of coronary atherosclerosis.
- Explain the evolution of percutaneous interventions, including balloon angioplasty and stents.
- Discuss the use of dual antiplatelet therapy.
- State the dental considerations in patients presenting with cardiovascular stents.
This course was published in the November/December 2023 issue and expires December 2026. The authors have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose. This 2 credit hour self-study activity is electronically mediated.